*****Summer Schedule STARTS July 1*****
* Join us for l’Apéro! 3-5pm
* Dinner Service 5-8 pm
* Sunday Brunch 10am-2pm
* Take Out Suppers & Desserts Wednesday-Saturday 5-7pm ~ call ahead
The Left Bank Cafe puts a continental twist on Happy Hour with Apéritifs a la Française — refreshing drinks that stimulate the appetite and enhance your mood without making your head spin.
More festive than a glass of wine, but not as fuzzying as a full-blown cocktail, they are just the best way in the world to shrug off the cares of the day and ready your spirit for the joys to come. Aperitifs, when enjoyed with a friend and accompanied by tasty nibbles, becomes the pre-dinner ritual known in France as “l’Apéro.”
It’s almost like being in Paris where the day winds down slowly! Vive la France! Vive la companie!
Fun fact: Many authentic French aperitifs feature complex and intriguing vermouths and other refreshing quinine-based fortified wines that were originally formulated as a cure/digestif.
Just right for the New Normal! A Votre Santé!
* For those who would like to explore the LBC wine list, host Anne Sterling (also manager of LBC & professor of Enology (aka Wine Culture) at Paul Smith’s College) can suggest a tasting.
* Beer lovers will enjoy French Kronenbourg 1664 and Hex & Hop IPA on tap and Unibroue brews from Quebec in bottles.
* A limited selection of traditional cocktails & (non alcoholic) spritzers & sodas is also available.
* Food Menu for l’Apéro includes Small Plates & Tapas.
Please call 518 354 8166 if you would like to reserve a table “al fresco” on the porch—on the Left Bank of the Saranac River.